Monday, October 10, 2011

The 100 Mile Challenge

This year was an incredible year of training and racing. I learned a lot. And, honestly, I've had a blast learning how to swim and ride these last few years...but there are so many other things I want to do. I had a new PR at IM this year, but I'm ready for a new challenge. This year, I'm going to do some ultras.

After pacing Chuck for Mohican 100, I knew it was something I had to try it. The depths to which one has to dig is unprecedented. The plan is to finish Tecumseh Trail marathon in December, again. And then a 50 in the spring and a 100 next fall.

I know I can do Ironman, but I'm not sure I can run 100 miles.

And after my amazing boyfriend, Marc, did Vermont 50 (in 7 hours 57 minutes)last month, there has been some chatter. After a few too many beers last night, I challened him to a 100 mile run, claiming I can beat him...so here goes...the start of a new endurance adventure..Let the games begin!!

4 comments:

Christi said...

That is an awesome challenge! Good luck!

Carolina John said...

Fantastic! You should look into the Umstead 100, a trail race that's held in a state park a few miles from my house. It's good to have friends nearby.

per head service said...

i think that it is great that you challenge your boyfriend to do a 100. I think that you can do it and it is the best way to do it. With a challenge.

Jhon Marshal said...

This is a brilliant writing and very pleased to find this site. I couldn’t discover to much different information on your blog. I will surely be back again to look at some other important posts that you have in future.
Invisible Chair Magic