And not just because you give me PRs. Or because you're in the beautiful Finger Lakes region. Or even because you've got the BEST swag of any race...
It's because you always let me know I have so much yet to learn.
Last year, I went into this race with very little expectation. And I came out having learned I'm capable of so much more than I imagined. And that I can defy predetermined expectations or beliefs. And this year, I learned about having a "bad" (feeling) race. And still coming out with good results. And realizing the importance of not relying on supposed strengths...
I just back to Cincy a few hours ago and I'm exhausted. And I REALLY want to go to Masters practice before heading to IL to see my precious Clubby in the morn, so I'll just leave you with some highlights. A full race report and pictures will follow:
- I missed my goal of breaking 5 hours by 25 seconds...with a 5:00.24
- BUT I accomplished my goal of cracking top 5 with a 3rd place overall finish. And I scored some cash and a bottle of chardonnay.
- There are some fast runner chicks out there. I am not one of them.
- Nutrition is oh-so-important during a race.
- I have the MOST AMAZING friends and family!!
- I met some blogger buddies.
- And ran into Team USA peeps.
- And reconnected with some guys from TTT.
- Ack is an awesome travel partner; he always carries a camera. And he isn't afraid to drink beer.
It's time to catch you up!
4 hours ago