Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I had forgotten...

 - just how much I don't like bundling up and wearing tights and having cold feet for a run.
 - that I eventually warm up. even when it's only 20 degrees outside.
 - that sometimes, delaying a run is the best way to get myself out the door.
 - how nice it is to run without music; to hear myself breathe, listen to my footfalls and let my mind wander.
 - how beautiful the sky looks as the sun is rising.
 - just how quiet it is outside in the early morning in the winter in the Midwest.
 - how great it feels to go at a nice easy pace. even up hill.
 - that sometimes, when I feel tired, a run will wake me up.
 - that hot coffee tastes amazing after a chilly run.
 - how quickly I can get ready for work when I'm crunched for time.
 - that sleeping in is over rated :)

11 comments:

Judi said...

you got them all, i think. :)

Jen Feeny said...

Sounds like a great run kinda day! :)

Corky said...

for me it would read - How much that black ice blended in with the sidewalk ! that I just twisted my knee on lol

Big Daddy Diesel said...

SUN!! You had the SUN visit!! I am only 2 hours away and I havent seen the sun in 2 weeks, its snowed the last 3 days actually.

mjcaron said...

Well said!! Thanks for adding me :)

Unknown said...

And don't forget how amazing breakfast is after an early morning chilly run.

Carolina John said...

sounds like somebody woke up to a fun run this morning! nice.

Aimee said...

Sounds like you had an awesome run!

Missy said...

You can sleep when you're dead.

Charisa said...

hot coffee after a run is the BEST!

tri_al said...

hmmmm coffee post run hmmmmmm