Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I had forgotten...

 - just how much I don't like bundling up and wearing tights and having cold feet for a run.
 - that I eventually warm up. even when it's only 20 degrees outside.
 - that sometimes, delaying a run is the best way to get myself out the door.
 - how nice it is to run without music; to hear myself breathe, listen to my footfalls and let my mind wander.
 - how beautiful the sky looks as the sun is rising.
 - just how quiet it is outside in the early morning in the winter in the Midwest.
 - how great it feels to go at a nice easy pace. even up hill.
 - that sometimes, when I feel tired, a run will wake me up.
 - that hot coffee tastes amazing after a chilly run.
 - how quickly I can get ready for work when I'm crunched for time.
 - that sleeping in is over rated :)

11 comments:

Judi said...

you got them all, i think. :)

Morgan said...

Sounds like a great run kinda day! :)

Corky said...

for me it would read - How much that black ice blended in with the sidewalk ! that I just twisted my knee on lol

Big Daddy Diesel said...

SUN!! You had the SUN visit!! I am only 2 hours away and I havent seen the sun in 2 weeks, its snowed the last 3 days actually.

Melissa said...

Well said!! Thanks for adding me :)

Ironbolus said...

And don't forget how amazing breakfast is after an early morning chilly run.

Carolina John said...

sounds like somebody woke up to a fun run this morning! nice.

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Sounds like you had an awesome run!

Missy said...

You can sleep when you're dead.

Charisa said...

hot coffee after a run is the BEST!

tri_al said...

hmmmm coffee post run hmmmmmm