Thursday, January 21, 2010

10 Things





Thanks to a fellow rock star at Rock Star Tri, you get to read (and see) ten things that make me happy....

1 - Meeting new people and being spontaneous.

2 - Running in the rain

3 - The gift of friendship.

4 - Long training rides with amazing people.

5 - Racing and putting all that hard work to the test.

6 - The best family a girl could ask for.

7 - My little tiny Clubby.

8- The beach. The ocean. Forests. Trees. Lakes. Sunsets. Sunrises. Mountains. umm...Nature.
9 - Looking and acting like an an aboslute fool. And laughing about it.

10 - Making new memories


There are a million more, like hearing a favorite song on the radio and getting busted by another driver singing along at the top of your lungs. Or dancing naked in the living room. And rollercoasters. Or little notes from friends just saying hi. Hearing those three little words that mean so much. A nice, soft, firm, genuine hug. Kids laughing uncontrollably. Seeing an elderly couple that still walks down the street holding hands. Doing something even I feared was impossible. Helping someone else out, even if it's just by listening.

And I think it's a healthy thing to write a gratitude list every now and then, just as a reminder of all the great things in life.

Speaking of great things and 10s, I've swam 10k so far this week...and another swim awaits on Saturday. I've also only run about 10 miles. But that is soon to change as there will be another five or six tonight and about 15 on Sunday. I won't even start with the bike...

14 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Love the list

Anonymous said...

reflective..

Mike Russell said...

I am sure your bike is lonely. How fast are you swimming these days?

RockStarTri said...

Well done!

Kim said...

yay so much fun!

Marit C-L said...

GREAT list! Love it!!

FANTASTIC work on the swimming - woo hoo! Keep it up!! :)

Jen Feeny said...

Love it and perfectly time for me to get to know you a little!!!! :)

GetBackJoJo said...

I like the pics!! This was a good one.

Missy said...

Perfect list and I'm totally stealing the pictures 'idea.' I love that. There really is so much to be happy about and thankful for, even during some dark times.

Judi said...

yes we DO need a dose of the positives sometimes. :)

Rockstar's Dad said...

Tears of joy when you were born...and still tears of joy when I read your lists like this one. I'm very proud of you!

Aimee said...

Your list truly rocks!! I like the pic. idea too...I might have to steal it if I get tagged! :)

Unknown said...

Awesome list Amanda! :)

Corky said...

Very nice list ! You ARE a Rock Star !