Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pet Peeves

 It's one of those days. Bare with me.

1 - people who walk with a cart down the middle of the aisle at the grocery store.
2 - FAILING. Coach Aaron gave us a set at Masters today - 21x100 as in: 7x(1 on 1:30, 1 on 1:25, 1 on 1:20). Now, I know I can't do this. And so does he. He sets us up to fail. to push us, to help us break through. This morning, I couldn't take the mental beating. And I whined. I got attitude. The tears almost started flowing.
3 - nausea after long workouts.
4 - PMS (see #2 and #3. or this entire post)
5 - people who make assumptions based on looks...or worse, what is the norm, i.e. - stereotypes. (see also #8 below)
6 - repeating what was just said in a slightly louder voice at a slightly slower rate with a bit more annunciation after I ask "what do you mean?". I'm clearing asking for additional details or something to clarify the point. I hear just fine. And I speak English. Fluently.
7 - being told I need to do something by someone who doesn't sign my paycheck or write my workouts.
8 - being spoken to/treated like I am an idiot, in part, simply because I am female. I do not need you to go behind my back and double check everything I do. I have made it, at least, the last 12 years (if you give credence to my parents for the first 18) on my own. MUCHAS GRACIAS!
9 - asking me the same question over and over and over simply because you don't like the answer that was given the previous 15 times.
10 - planning out every. little. detail. Let some things just be what they will.
11 - snow. Like, 13 inches of it.
12 - being cold.
13 - unnecessary quotation marks.
14 - the dude driving a Hummer yesterday with his hazard lights on. Seriously. If my '98 Chrysler can handle the snow, so can your off-road vehicle.
15 - hearing what I say, but not listening to what I'm actually saying.
16 - realizing half way through the afternoon that there actually is a reason my bra feels uncomfortable...and it's not because the skeeter bites suddenly grew. Nope. Just somehow twisted the whole thing up. WTF? You'd think that after, oh, 18 years one would learn, right?
17 - did I mention the snow? Because it won't stop.

I could go on, but I'm going in for an attitude adjustment. Thanks.

11 comments:

Kim said...

:) love em - all of em - but particularly #1 - i give those folks dirty looks.

Aimee said...

Great list!
Oh...number 5 and 8 are huge pet peeves of mine too.

Sorry about your bra...that is never fun! :)

Jen said...

#16 made me laugh out loud. I am not sure you were trying to be funny.... but it sounded like a great way to end the list.

Tri-James said...

"13 - unnecessary quotation marks."

that burns me up!

mjcaron said...

Shoot. You just made me think of all the stuff I don't like. Your PMS is wearing off on me. Will make for a good blog later on.

Judi said...

hell yea.

Sean in NY said...

Oooh! Can I add...

...the people at the pool who jump into the lane marked "fast" and then proceed to do the most relaxed head-always-above-water version of breast-stroke you've ever seen?

...or the people that swim in the MIDDLE of the lane forcing YOU to be an asshole and pass on the right.

...or the swimmer doing breast-stroke in the next lane over who is the perpetual boundary crosser and ALWAYS seems to kick or slap you underneath the lane-marker.

Thanks for the outlet!

Unknown said...

Amen...

And go have some chocolate! Makes the days (and the snow) a little more bearable! ;)

Carolina John said...

that is an impossible swim set. geez. would make me cry too. but then, that's why we're fucking rockstars?

Mollie said...

Hi!
I just discovered your blog - awesomeness! I ranted today as well...

http://eatrunread.blogspot.com/2010/02/mollie-rant-sidewalk-rage.html#comments

You should put an RSS button on your blog, so people can follow it on Google Reader, etc.

Keep up the good work!

zencycle said...

"It's one of those days. Bare with me."

I'd love to 'bare' with you, but I think you might want me to 'bear' with you instead. "Grin and Bare It" has an entirely different connotation than "Grin and Bear It". I'm not trying to be the grammar police, but it doesn't take much to get a 47 year old ManPig going.

oink.