Thursday, May 13, 2010

what's happening

 - I did my first TT of the season on Tuesday evening. I took 16 seconds off my best time from last year. I had forgotten how much these things hurt. It was like going out and running a 5k after training for a marathon. Completely different zone. There is still much room for improvement.

- I have a pair of earrings of very sentimental value. About a month ago, I was wearing said earrings while out with a friend. We ventured to a restaurant, sat outside, inside, walked around town a bit, went to another venue to play pool...when I noticed one of them was missing. (gasp!) We retraced our steps to no avail. I hoped it would be found in his car. But two days later, he cleaned the car top to bottom (and he's quite OCD) with no sign of the earring. Flash forward to Tuesday evening. 9:30pm. My phone rings and it's my agnostic friend:

"You know how the Lord works in mysterious ways?"
me: "uh huh".
him: "I tucked my boys into bed and I went down to the basement to chill out. I see that my boys had left all their crap lying around. And honestly, I was kinda pissed off because there's shit everywhere. I go to pick up a pair of socks off the end of the couch...and there was your earring....lying on top of the sock"
me: "WTF?!?!? How?" as chills ran down the back of my neck.
Seriously. I have never stepped foot in his house. And I am not really sure how that thing ended up there.

 - Change is in the air. I got one of those "this is better than I could've imagined" kinda surprises on Tuesday evening as I was on my way to the TT. I will divulge more later. Stay tuned.


 - Instictively, I was up at 4:19 yesterday morning. After tossing for a half hour, I just decided to go get my track work done. I was informed just two days prior that someone had a dream in which I was stabbed to death. This is all I could think of as I ventured to the track. That lies under the bridge. Alone. In the dark. How's that for motivation to run like hell?

 - The humidity is back in the 'Nati. Half way through those 2 mile repeats (with a few 300s/400s/1200s thrown in for good measure), I looked as though I'd jumped in a pool. The sweat was flinging off my elbows and hitting the backs of my legs as I rounded the track again and again. And, of course, I was wearing a white sports bra.

 - Triple T is in just one short week.

7 comments:

mjcaron said...

Spooky!!! Wow, that is a massive track workout. Congrats on your TT pr!

Sean in NY said...

How far are TTs usually? Is that like a 40k or something? What's the new bar set at, if you don't mind sharing? I'd love to make a 10-year TT goal and use your times!

Taunting all the men on your blog with whispers of white sports bras and lots of moisture, but no pics?!? Juuuuuuuuuust kidding! :)

Good-luck at Triple-T!

Missy said...

Thanks for the reminder..one week, shieeeeeiiitttt. Oh, and we are at the Holiday Inn AND have a campsite for chillin on Saturday.

Aimee said...

That's awesome that you took 16 sec. off your old TT time! Woohoo!

And, that is crazy about your earring! I'm glad you found it, but how weird is that?

OMG! That dream would have freaked me out!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That is what seperates you from the others. Most people would have been jumping for joy over the PR, and you are looking at what needs to be improved. I love that attitude.

I hope to make it down on Saturday to watch you all. Good luck.

Ray said...

the earring - hmmm...funny how things happen. LOL

zencycle said...

Earring falls off in car
boy finds it, picks it up, takes it in the house, forgets to tell dad.

Regardless of your obvious lack of satisfaction over the TT, the fact that you opened this year with a 16 second beating of lasts years PR bodes well for your development this year.

Stay focused, miss cranky pants.