Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray!

Isn't he gorgeous?!? Lots of fun too. He's just a little waif, but he's fast. He's different than my Masi. Masi is comfy and rides hard, but this little guy...I'm still a little nervous on him. That just means I have to spend lots of time on him to get the feel.

Oh, and a nice little surprise when I arrive to pick him up... Dan hands me an aero helmet and says "Some dude called in and bought this for you. I don't know who it was. Bob took the call." After some probing, I found out it was Rob. (thanks again, Rob!)

So, I took the boy out for a quick spin last night. Just a few miles as it was all my legs could handle after the weekend. And, when you only get one "recovery" (ie- just 3k swim) day a week, you tend to take full advantage of it. I was hoping to take the new toy out to Cleves tonight for the TT, but it's looking like the severe weather will still be in affect. (Or not? Seems every time i blog about how crappy the weather is acting, it clears up in time for me to ride after work). If I can't ride it, I'll be on the trainer for a couple hours. Fun times.

In other news, the tri on Sunday was fun. I just did the bike leg of the sprint relay. We took first.

There was a whole group from our Masters swim team there. Here they are, minus me. I think I was off talking somewhere. OOps.

And then, I went and did my workout for the day. 2x bike run. And I was grateful to put the compression tights on for bed...

7 comments:

Kim said...

SWEEET RIDE!!! he will have an awesome remainder of the season, and kick butt down under. what's his name?!!!

Chloe said...

Ahhh...love the new ride!!!!

Missy said...

Nice new ride! Yep, big ole tt bike handles like a tank but light as a feather, it's crazy.

Unknown said...

TT bike and aero helmet all in one shot - WATCH OUT AUSIES!!!!

Judi said...

you need a disc!

Unknown said...

He's a beaut! ;) Enjoy riding a TT bike! You'll love it!

Mary Sunshine said...

OK, now I'm officially jealous...but can still find it in my heart to wish you and the new boy many happy races!! CongratS!