Thursday, May 28, 2009

9 miles of music

...and my favorite lines from each song.

I’m thinking about bliss. And bliss is all dressed up and there’s no one to dance with.
- Ben Lee “Begin”


You'll never have to ask.
I'll give you my sweet grass.
I'm gonna mesmerize your ass.
- Devendra Banhardt “Lover”


I think I like today.
I think it's good.
It's something I can’t get my head around.
- Angels & Airwaves “Good Day”


I just can't seem to get it right today.
I guess I'm gonna give up
- Joe Purdy “Can’t Get it Right Today”


If I had a chance for another try, I wouldn’t change a thing.
This made me all who I am inside.
And if I could thank God that I am here and that I am alive.
And everyday I wake, I tell myself a little harmless lie:
The whole wide world is mine!
- Angels & Airwaves “Rite of Spring”


If I'm the person that you think I am; clueless chump you seem to think I am; So easily led astray; An errant dog who occasionally escapes and needs a shorter leash, then why the fuck would you want me back?!
- Ben Folds featuring Regina Spector “You Don’t Know Me”


I won't lie.
I won't sin.
Maybe I don't wanna go.
Can't you wait?
Maybe I don't wanna go.
- Box Car Racer “Letters to God”


Cause where you are is where you'll be: always wanting everything.
It's all the same- that you can't ignore
Cause all you want is just "to be more"
- Cartel “Matter of Time”


Elegant clothes, you want to be seen with her.
Under your tweeds you sweat like a teenager.
- Vampire Weekend “Ottoman”


I just wanna break you down so badly.
Well I trip over everything you say.
I just wanna break you down so badly In the worst way
- Taking Back Sunday “Make Damn Sure”


So tell me, what's the price to pay for glory?
- Finch “What it is to Burn”


Your sex is on fire
Consumed with what’s to transpire
- Kings of Leon “Sex on Fire”


Sometimes what you're after's not your fault cause happy ever after's what you’re taught.
- Takka Takka “Fever”


I'm put together beautifully;
Big wet bottle in my fist, big wet rose in my teeth.
I'm perfect piece of ass, like every Californian
- The National “All the Wine”


Please understand:
This isn't just goodbye
This is I can't stand you
- +44 “No it Isn’t”

Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart,
likeWhy are we here? And where do we go?And how come it's so hard?
- Jack Johnson “Better Together”


Leaving isn't quite the same, he said to me, as running away.
If you're scared or tired of what you're scared of, well, why should you stay?
- Paul Tiernan “How to Say Goodbye”


Give me something to whisper, something to hide.
My head was stuck in the rain, the world sucked it dry,
took me to hell to make me who I am.
- Raining in Darling “Alcohol”


Anytime you want to, you can turn me into anything you want to. Any time at all.
- Phil Collins “Groovy Kind of Love”

We meet here for our dress-rehearsal to say " I wanted it this way"
Wait for the year to drown.
Spring forward, fall back down.
I'm trying not to wonder where you are
- The Weakerthans “Left & Leaving”


And this was the sweatiness that ensued.


No comments: