Saturday, May 16, 2009

When life hands you lemons...

...sometimes you just want to turn around and pelt those lemons back in life's face. But life keeps moving forward and you never get the opportunity.

I got up this morning and talked on the phone with a friend. Then I met with a friend. And we talked. And then I talked on the phone with another friend. And then I went to a late lunch with a friend, where I saw two other great friends. And it occurred to me how blessed I am. My spirit was lifted by the comraderie.

And so I tried the swim again. Nice and easy. Methodical. A million thoughts through my mind and with them, a million different emotions. Joy with hearing Tom refer to me as one of his two favorite girls, comfort in seeing Meg's smile, relief in regaining some hope, pain hearing His voice say "I had sex with her", anger at myself for trusting once again, heartache in learning of the lies, compassion in listening to Judi on the phone, pleasure in the friendship I now have with Barbie, love in the life I've been granted...

I was only going to swim 1500, but I felt good. I wanted to go beyond what I did yesterday. Baby steps. And before I knew it, 2000 was up. Watch read 29:16. Not blazing fast, but good enough. for now.

And I came home to my favorite little girl in the world, the one little creature who is always happy to see me, no matter how foul my mood. And just her little smile, made me smile :)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good way to ease back into it!! And it is always nice that our furry friends don't judge us!

-alfie