Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm no longer a virgin!

I completed my very first ever TT yesterday.

I was nervous....a little scared. It's the unknown. I got some suggestions from people. Mary took me for a backward lap on the course for warm-up, introduced me to some pretty cool people. I paid my fee and we discussed a bit about my predicted time...settled on 28 mins.

It's a 10.2 mile loop course. I had no idea how to tackle it. It was pretty flat, a couple small rollers. Basically, I just was given the go and took off. The first time I looked at my watch, I was about 8 mins in. "I'm almost a third of the way through. I can do this. Keep hammerin'". I caught a glimpse of someone ahead. I realized my breathing was heavy. Too heavy. "Calm down. We're only a third of the way through. Spin." And then we were to the horse shoe turn. "Half way home. Lay it on. Go catch someone."

Those last three mile flew by (mentally) and before I knew it, I was crossing the line, shouting my number.

I finished in 28:03...just as (the guy taking times) predicted. I was pretty happy with that for my first try. I didn't realize how much fun I'd had until after it was all over. Already, I couldn't wait to try it again next week.

Mary and I went for a cool down up this big hill where you can see for miles. And like she said, even the river looked so pretty it actually did make you think you'd like to swim in it! I think I'll stick to the pools and lakes until IMKY.

6 comments:

Rockstar's Dad said...

There are some things a father doesn't like to learn about in the title of his daughter's blog....

Anniversary Moments said...

Congratulations on popping your cherry...deflowering....becoming a woman triathlete...however you phrase it....WAY TO GO!

I hope you are just as happy "the morning after".

Mary Sunshine said...

Cleves is way better than sex! ;-)

GRrreat JOB! next time, 27.

RyanT84 said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself! And cliff is an awesome road to ride. I'll see you next week for sure!

Kim said...

OMG your dad's comment made me crack up ;) congratulations on the TT!!! im sure MANY more in your future since you are a ROCKSTAR!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! Keep rockin' out with your...nevermind!!

cheers!

-Alfie