Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good, Bad and Ugly

First, the Good:
Avenue Q is an amazing show!!! Hilarious. And raunchy. And tactless. But honest. And fun. It's about relationships and finding your purpose in life. How appropriate! Here's a little clip, just for fun...



Now, the Bad:
My PCP sent me home on Tues with the diagnosis of "virus" as I said in last post. Well, yesterday my swim went well, but by 2pm, I wanted to fall asleep at my desk. I went home, did a short run with strides. It was awful. My legs felt heavy and it was just WAY more difficult than it should've been and I was seriously sweaty. It wasn't even 70 degrees and it was only a half hour run and i looked like I jumped in a pool. I drank some coffee to wake up and went to the show downtown. Got home before 11 and slept soundly until my alarm sounded at 6:30am.

No morning workout scheduled, but I put some coffee on and took the dog out for a stroll. I noticed some pain and upon investigation...severe lymphnode swelling. Called in sick, back to the doc - a different one - at noon. I feel worse today than I have the last couple days. I almost passed out this morning. They better take some damn blood today! Mom is coming along because I'm notorious for passing out when blood is drawn. The Pig is looking like it won't be run :( but I'll go down and cheer everyone else on :)

And, the Ugly:
Tomorrow, I'm supposed to go out of town, to mom's hometown. The cancer took my uncle Tuesday night. The visitation is Friday evening, funeral services are Saturday morning. He and my step-dad were diagnosed about a month apart. Step-dad passed just over a year ago. Strange that sisters lose their spouses to the same thing within a year of one another. Perhaps they can garner strength from one another?

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Maybe you should listen to your body a bit and take a few days off. Being sick is one thing that working out does not help! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss. Have a safe trip.