Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the only thing constant is change

I switched departments at work on Friday. It wasn't a voluntary move, but more a "Hey, we need you upstairs in Aircraft. Would you mind helping out?". Me..."Sure. I'm not doing anything down here". And thus, a move ensued. It's different upstairs. I don't have my buddies to keep me company, give me laughs, shares silly stories. I spent two years up here early in my career, but I'm having to re-aclimate to the bathroom, the way the water spiggot is different in the cafeteria, the tension you can feel when you walk in the door, the fact that I can no longer take 2 hour lunches to train because I now have a boss that cares...and there's actual work to be done. Frankly, I'm busy, but I'm bored.


Paul left for South Africa on Monday. It's not that we saw each other every day before his departure since he's in Dayton and I'm in Cincy, but there's something different about having him an hour drive away vs. having him halfway across the world. I haven't heard his voice in about 48 hours. We're communicating via text. I don't have him to tuck me in every night. The last words I hear before resting my lids aren't "love you, baby." He's sleeping right now and I'm getting ready for an evening ride.

1 comment:

Kim said...

change is good - and im sure you will find some new peeps upstairs to make you giggle :) hope paul has a safe trip, and he'll be back before you know it!