Monday, March 30, 2009

California dreamin'

I feel like I'm living some twisted nightmare. I just want to wake up.

Thankfully, I've got some great friends to help keep me focused on Cali. We leave tomorrow!!! Tom and I got on our trainers this evening for one last ride before disassembling and packing them in their cases for travel.

I spent the weekend in IL with my mom and granny and nieces. It's relaxing there and running in different terrain is always welcome. While it's different, it's very familiar. I've spent enough time there to know the lay of the land. I love running the gravel roads out near the farms, passing the parks and old town window shops. I always told mom I could never live in a small town like that, but there's something quite alluring about it these days. Maybe i've just grown into it. Maybe i now crave less hustle and bustle and more peace, serenity. Perhaps I just now know how difficult those things can be to come by.

Cali 70.3 is just a few days away. I'm getting focused and I think I'm really ready. I'm pretty excited for the sand, the warmth, the sun...it's just California...

No comments: