Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rest. it does a body good.

Wednesday was a double day. My first one in a few days. An hour on the trainer after work was all I could get through. I've got some things going on in my life outside of training that are making training hard. Thank GOD the hard work is out of the way and it's just maintenance and rest right now. I get uber sensitive with life when training is particularly grueling and sleep is hard to come by. Now, sleep and training are hard to come by because life is particularly grueling.

I awoke at 4:30am for Masters practice and decided I was just going to let it all go, accept that what is occuring is occuring for a reason; that while I never know whyI'm doing it when I'm standing without an umbrella in the middle of a downpour, I will some day realize that it was simply to avoid lightning strike. And so practice began and ended beautifully in my new pink flames Splish suit...

The time I'm getting between workouts and the lack of weight training is really letting me know what I've got. Today, we did about 600 for a warm-up and then 4x400 on 6:30 and I held 5:50-5:55 on all of them. Then 4x(2x25kick on :30, 2x25 swim on :20) and we ended with 3x100 pick your poison...lane 1 - 1:15, lane 2 - 1:25, lane 3 - 1:35. I couldn't decide between lanes 1 and 2, so I figured I'd just try for lane 1...and I made the first 100!!! In under 1:15. That's the fastest I've ever swam 100 (i only got in the water about 3 years ago and had my first formal instruction about 4 months ago). I missed the second interval an dthe last one just sucked, but making even one made me pretty ecstatic!

So, tonight is just a night chillin' on the couch watching Idol with mom and Kaylee cause this guy at work says I remind him of the blonde with tats... I guess i need to check her out and assess for myself whether it's a compliment.

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Whoohoo! Flaming pink suit! Splish is the best. :)

Kim said...

holy crap you are one speedy fishy!!!! sub-1:15!!!!!!! amazing, all your hard work has paid off.

hang in there - there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm.