Sunday, March 8, 2009

Rainstorms and Recovery days

I got home around 5 :30 this evening from hanging with Paul in Dayton, and while it was nearly 70 degrees and windy, I sent him a text and told him I couldn't help but wish I were at the beach. His response? "Ha ha! It's gonna be awesome!" You know what else is awesome?
Sitting on the porch during a rainstorm...
Taking your bike for a quick spin 2 minutes before the tornado alarm sounds...
Outdoor training pools...
The paint on Clubber's chest...
A banana with peanut butter...
Eating cereal for dinner...
Hearing your mom say she's proud of the woman you've become...
Being totally productive on a rest day...
Destination races...
Never tiring of hearing the words "I love you"...
Single red roses...
The smell of spring...
Sleeping with the windows open...
Not knowing what lies in store, and being excited rather than afraid.

No comments: